The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde tells the story of a lawyer investigating the connection of two persons, Dr. Henry Jekyll and Mr. Edward Hyde. Chief among the novel’s supporting cast is a man by the name of Mr. Poole, Dr. Jekyll’s loyal butler.
Poole is the butler for Jekyll, the static site generator. It’s designed and developed by @mdo to provide a clear and concise foundational setup for any Jekyll site. It does so by furnishing a full vanilla Jekyll install with example layouts, pages, posts, and styles.
This demo site was last updated December 27, 2020.
There are currently two themes built on Poole:
Learn more and contribute on GitHub.
Poole is a streamlined Jekyll site designed and built as a foundation for building more meaningful themes. Poole, and every theme built on it like this one, includes the following:
- Complete Jekyll setup included (layouts, config, 404, RSS feed, posts, archive page, and example page)
- Mobile friendly design and development
- Easily scalable text and component sizing with
remunits in the CSS
- Support for a wide gamut of HTML elements
- Related posts (time-based, because Jekyll) below each post
- Syntax highlighting, courtesy Jekyll’s built-in support for Rouge
Additional features are available in individual themes.
Poole and its themes are by preference a forward-thinking project. In addition to the latest versions of Chrome, Safari (mobile and desktop), Firefox, and Edge.
These themes are developed on and hosted with GitHub. Head to the GitHub repository for downloads, bug reports, and features requests.